09 Nov What is Car Detailing?
Car detailing is sometimes referred to as ‘car valeting’ but in fact it offers far more than a thorough wash and clean
A valeting service will aim to give you a great looking result. A detailing service seeks to restore your car to its factory finish condition – or as close as possible. To achieve this, the exterior car detailing process pays acute attention to every single external surface – even those that are hard to reach.
Driving in and around London quickly takes its toll on your vehicle. All too soon the original gleaming finish of your car is tarnished by dust, pollution and environmental effects. It’s reassuring to know that, whatever the world throws at your car, exterior detailing will restore it to its pristine condition.
Autozoom is a leading West London garage, located in Acton
We offer a range of services which are designed to take care of your car’s good looks (bodywork), nervous system and performance (diagnostics), and critical organs (car servicing). Our specialist technicians ensure that your vehicle’s in safe hands, and given the very best care throughout its lifetime.
What is Involved in Exterior Car Detailing?
Professional car detailing services include:
- Washing. Every surface of the car is hand washed using cleaning products that are appropriate to the vehicle surfaces and paint finish.
- Removal of Contaminants. Tree sap, bird droppings, and some types of pollutant in the air can leave your car surfaces feeling rough to the touch, even after washing. This roughness is removed, using detailing wax, or clay.
- Swirl Mark Removal. These are caused by wiping away dust from the bodywork with a rough towel, or removing protective wrapping too roughly. Swirl marks are removed during the polishing process.
- Alloy Wheels. Pressure washing removes grease from every surface, and the original wheel finish is given a deep clean and polish. Tyres are restored to their original colour.
- Polish. The use of a rotating polishing machine ensures that all fine scratches, and swirl marks, are removed. Once complete, the finish will look as good as new.
- Waxing. Waxing preserves the oils in your car’s paintwork by preventing oxidation which can dull the finish. Wax also protects your car’s surface from the daily wear-and-tear it’s exposed to.
- Windows. Exterior detailing removes the filter of dust and smears, leaving your windows sparkling and free from any cleaning residue.
How Long Does Exterior Detailing Take?
Car detailing is a specialist process and it takes time to achieve the required outcome. A car detail pays detailed attention to every single surface of your car, including the parts which aren’t visible. The process includes the use of specialist machines as well as manual washing, polishing and inspecting.